Lexi T. Holinga
Lexi T. Holinga is a founding member of our firm and practices in the areas of divorce and general litigation with an emphasis on toxic tort litigation, class action litigation, recovery litigation involving indemnity or product defect, premises litigation, root cause investigations, chemical releases, contractual disputes, non-compete agreements and property disputes (right-of-way, pipeline, and boundary).
Lexi has defended and prosecuted multi-million dollar claims related to serious injuries in the workplace, property damage, business interruption, and complex construction and commercial disputes. Lexi is recognized by our clients as a tenacious litigator who meticulously prepares clients and witnesses for the challenges of litigation.
- Litigation counsel representing Fortune 50 clients in recovery actions involving construction disputes, defecting welding practices, deficient quality control procedures in industrial construction, back up battery systems, property damage claims, and interventions in product liability actions.
- Trial counsel for industrial clients in class action trials related to offsite migrations and atmospheric releases.
- Lead counsel in the defense of and intervention for a Fortune 50 client in a suit involving a splash fire spray of molten liquid plastic that severely burned a contractor working on pelletizing equipment while performing a screen pack change.
- Defense counsel for a major chemical manufacturing company in a brain cancer claim brought by the family of a former employee allegedly exposed to vinyl chloride.
- Lead counsel for industrial clients in defending multiple occupational disease premises liability suits relating to allegations of asbestos-related disease, occupational hearing loss, benzene exposure, vinyl chloride, ethyl acrylate, hydrogen sulfide and exposure to other chemicals.
- Defense counsel for pipeline clients in pipeline right of way litigation brought by landowners including management of horizontal directional drilling issues, servitude interpretation, boundary dispute issues, pipeline trench construction, pipeline survey issues, and alleged damage issues.
- Trial counsel for major chemical manufacturing company defending claims of groundwater contamination, property damage, environmental remediation, and punitive damages.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D., D.C.L. (2005)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- LSBA Delegate to the Judicial Conference of the United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (2010-2013)
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Louisiana Oil and Gas Association
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Louisiana Association of Professional Women
- Louisiana Bar Foundation
- Wex Malone American Inns of Court
- Lexi Holinga, Louisiana's new scalping law--If you can't beat them, join them, 215 Around the Bar 19. (March 2007)
- Baton Rouge Bar Publications Committee
- Junior League of Baton Rouge (2006-2011)
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center’s Vinson-Elkins Trial Advocacy Program – Instructor
- St. Aloysius Church Committee
Recognition & Awards:
- Louisiana Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2013-Present)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated (2013-Present)
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers (2014-Present)
- Angus Chem. Co. v. Glendora Plantation, Inc., 782 F.3d 175 (5th Cir. 2015)
- Angus Chem. Co. v. Glendora Plantation, Inc., No. CV 12-1656, 2015 WL 8482771, (W.D. La. Dec. 8, 2015)
- Angus Chem. Co. v. Glendora Plantation, Inc., No. CIV.A. 12-1656, 2015 WL 4489344, (W.D. La. July 23, 2015)
- Angus Chem. Co. v. Glendora Plantation, Inc., No. CIV.A. 12-1656, 2014 WL 824804, (W.D. La. Mar. 3, 2014)
- Smith v. Union Carbide Corp., No. CIV.A. 13-6323, 2014 WL 4930457, (E.D. La. Oct. 1, 2014)
- Smith v. Union Carbide Corp., No. CIV.A. 13-6323, 2015 WL 575315, (E.D. La. Feb. 11, 2015)
- Smith v. Union Carbide Corp., No. CIV.A. 13-6323, 2014 WL 4966148, (E.D. La. Oct. 3, 2014)
- Comardelle v. Pennsylvania Gen. Ins. Co., No. CIV.A. 13-6555, 2014 WL 5762841, (E.D. La. Nov. 3, 2014)
- Sarradet v. Dow Chem. Co., No. CIV.A. 14-00005-SDD, 2014 WL 3513381, (M.D. La. July 16, 2014), appeal dismissed (Aug. 4, 2015)
- Ethridge v. UCAR Pipeline, Inc., No. CIV.A. 12-03086, 2014 WL 2155219, (W.D. La. May 22, 2014)
- LeBlanc Land Co., LLC v. Dow Chem. Co., 2012-0963 (La. App. 1 Cir. 4/10/13) writ denied, 2013-1082 (La. 6/21/13), 118 So. 3d 1095.
- Guidry v. Dow Chem. Co., 2012-0436 (La. App. 4 Cir. 11/14/12), 105 So. 3d 900.
- Sims v. Am. Ins. Co., 2012-0204 (La. 10/16/12), 101 So. 3d 1.
- Howard v. Union Carbide Corp., 2009-2750 (La. 10/19/10), 50 So. 3d 1251.
- Boudreaux v. Able Supply Co., 2008-1350 (La. App. 3 Cir. 10/7/09), 19 So. 3d 1263.
- Paxton v. Kirk Key Interlock Co., LLC, No. CIV.A. 08-583-JJB, 2008 WL 5043428, (M.D. La. Nov. 21, 2008)