Anthony J. Lascaro
Anthony J. Lascaro is a litigator who joined the firm in 2012. He practices in a number of areas, including general litigation, personal injury, products liability, premises liability, admiralty and maritime, property damage, general casualty, worker’s compensation, and subrogation, property litigation, right-of-way disputes, cemetery law and administration, redhibition, toxic tort, asbestos, and occupational disease litigation, oilfield legacy litigation, passenger vehicle, and trucking accidents, contractual defense and indemnity, and insurance coverage. Anthony also has experience with master service agreements with a special focus on risk, loss allocation, indemnity, and insurance. In the course of his practice, he has represented chemical manufacturers, barge owners, paper manufacturers, oil and gas service companies, drilling and production companies, health care providers and hospitals, domestic and foreign insurers, airports, commercial and individual property owners, injured individuals, small businesses, Fortune 500 companies, and state entities.
Anthony is originally from Amite, Louisiana, and moved to Baton Rouge to attend LSU in 2000. Prior to joining the firm, Anthony practiced law in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Dennis Jeter v. Ameron International, et al., 2019-2167, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans: Obtained dismissal on summary judgment for custom paper manufacturer.
- Andermann v. Rouillier, 271 So. 3d 384 (La.App. 4th Cir. 2019): Successful representation of a pipeline owner and holder of a pipeline servitude in boundary action between adjoining landowners.
- Raymond Burkart, Jr. v. PPG Industries, Inc., et al., 2017-9257, Civil District Court for the Parish of Orleans: Obtained dismissal on summary judgment for custom paper manufacturer.
- David Driscoll v. Alfa Laval, Inc., et al., 617889, Nineteenth Judicial District Court, East Baton Rouge Parish: Obtained dismissal of suit against shipping company for forum non conveniens.
- Mt. Zion Baptist Association, Inc. v. Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 207 So. 3d 414 (La.App. 1st Cir. 2016): Successful representation of chemical company in petitory action concerning cemetery property.
- Gary Meador v. Air & Liquid Systems, Inc., et al., 177 So. 3d 1065 (La. 2015): Obtained reversal in Louisiana Fifth Circuit Court of Appeal of district court’s denial of motion to dismiss suit for forum non-conveniens and successfully protected reversal in Louisiana Supreme Court.
- Angus Chemical Company v. Glendora Plantation, Inc., 2012-1656, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana: Successful representation of a chemical company in declaratory judgment action regarding the scope of rights encompassed in right-of-way agreement concerning wastewater pipeline.
- State Farm Fire & Casualty Co. v. The Dow Chemical Co., 2011-443, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Louisiana: Successful representation of chemical company in suit brought to recover for fire resulting from misuse of client’s product.
- Rosemary Jackson v. Home Healthcare Partners, et al., 234969, Ninth Judicial District Court, Rapides Parish: Obtained dismissal on summary judgment of home healthcare provider given the absence of any liability for the acts of client’s independent contractor.
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, J.D. & D.C.L, 2009
- Member of the Louisiana Law Review, Volume 69
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Douglas D. Dodd, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State University, E.J. Ourso School of Business, M.S., 2005
- Louisiana State University, E.J. Ourso School of Business, B.S., 2004
- All Louisiana and Texas State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of Texas
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Louisiana Oil and Gas Association
- The Wex S. Malone American Inn of Court
- Member of the East Baton Rouge Parish Alcohol Beverage Control Board
- Christ the King Catholic Church
- Happy’s Running Club
- Redstick Brewmasters