Jade Avant joined Bienvenu Bonnecaze in 2017 and practices in the areas of family law and general litigation with an emphasis on toxic tort litigation, mass tort, environmental and product liability litigation, maritime personal injury, worker’s compensation, and employment discrimination. Jade grew up in Denham Springs and attended LSU for both undergraduate and law school.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D./D.C.L. (2017)
- Graduated Order of the Coif
- Member of the Louisiana Law Review
- Louisiana State University, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, B.A. (2013)
- Graduated University Medalist
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Melissa J. Shaffer, Hey Employer, Did You “Notice” My Text Message?, 77 La. L. Rev. 913 (2017).
- Jade Shaffer, Defining Race: Muting All That is Not Immutable, LLR Lagniappe: The Online Companion to Louisiana Law Review (2017).
- F. Charles Marionneaux and Jade Shaffer, Louisiana High Court Further Defines Due-Process Limits on Punitive Damages, Washington Legal Foundation, Vol. 27, No. 2 (Feb. 16, 2018).