Karen Eddlemon is a partner of our firm. Karen recently retired from The Dow Chemical Company following a 28-year career as in-house counsel with Dow. In her role at Dow, Karen managed complex litigation, including mass tort and environmental litigation, premises liability litigation, commercial litigation, property litigation, and on-site legal counseling for Dow’s multiple operations in Louisiana. Karen also has extensive experience in government relations in the area of civil justice reform.
Karen received her J.D. from LSU’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center in 1986. Her professional accomplishments include the Baton Rouge Area YWCA’s Young Woman of Achievement (1993), Baton Rouge Business Report’s “40 Under 40” (1997), and Louisiana Chemical Association Government Affairs Committee MVP (2010, 2011). Karen has held numerous board positions with the Louisiana Association of Business and Industry and the Louisiana Chemical Association. Karen also served as Chair of the Young Lawyers’ Sections of the Louisiana State Bar Association and the Baton Rouge Bar Association.
Karen’s practice is primarily in the areas of government relations, with a focus on legislative lobbying and working with business organizations and coalitions to improve the legal climate in Louisiana. She is also available to provide guidance and counsel on internal corporate investigations, human resource investigations, regulatory investigation counseling, and general litigation.
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, J.D. (1986)
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (LADC)
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Facility Board President, Delta Kappa Chapter, Kappa Alpha Theta
- Past Chair, Baton Rouge Chapter, American Red Cross
Recognition & Awards:
- Baton Rouge Area YWCA’s Young Woman of Achievement (1993)
- Baton Rouge Business Report’s “40 Under 40” (1997)
- Louisiana Chemical Association Government Affairs Committee MVP (2010, 2011)